Scaling?

Here you can post all your questions, comments and suggestions, this will help to improve OptiTex dynamic clothes.

Scaling?

Unread postby Wallace3D » February 9th, 2011, 4:35 am

So why can we not Scale up or down the Clothing??
I have seen and heard several people changing the scale to fit there character only for the scale to go back to its pre set scale

for example the Poncho that was scaled for V4 was scaled to fit K4 for a Promotional project but the user had to stick with it being Huge

he said Oh well now it just looks like he is wearing his dads poncho .. but do we have to be stuck with what we get?

And what is the rigging.. does not seem to do anything
Wallace3D

Re: Scaling?

Unread postby ethin » February 9th, 2011, 7:44 am

I don't know the answer to why the dynamic cloth can't be scaled, but a workaround is to scale the figure to fit the dynamic cloth. But that may also require you to scale everything but the dynamic cloth so that your figure won't be out of proportion.
ethin

Unread postby ethin » February 9th, 2011, 7:57 am

The rigging is so the dynamic cloth will conform to the figure that is selected in the fit to option, that way it will act like conforming clothing and you don't have to do an animation for every drape.
ethin

Unread postby Wallace3D » February 9th, 2011, 2:47 pm

The rigging is so the dynamic cloth will conform to the figure that is selected in the fit to option, that way it will act like conforming clothing and you don't have to do an animation for every drape.

That Makes sence.

When I saw Rigging ;) My first thought was the ability to modify scale and stuff hehe

I don't know the answer to why the dynamic cloth can't be scaled, but a workaround is to scale the figure to fit the dynamic cloth. But that may also require you to scale everything but the dynamic cloth so that your figure won't be out of proportion.

Yeah I have done that scaled up the entire scene to 200%. the only problem I ran into was when animating using aniblocks and sending to the keyframes. the first frame is fine but every frame after that the characters jump the distance I had to adjust (Ctrl+D) Times 2 :cry: and many other issues that made it very frustrating to work with. :x
Wallace3D

Unread postby Wallace3D » February 9th, 2011, 2:58 pm

you know how some clothes have a geometry choice .. like short or pants

is there a way to make a geometry scaled selection like 120% (freak scale) 100%(M4) 80%(hero i think) 60% 40%(what ever the difference scale would be for K4 and Toons)
Wallace3D

Return to OptiTex Dynamic Clothes for Daz Studio